29.10.10

beginning steps of an intro

Mike dumped me at the Jack in the Box on a Friday night.

Classy, huh?

Kid next to us kept hitting a kid's meal toy against the window.

Clink clink.

He said he was leaving me so he could ask Amanda out.

Clink clink.

The mom finally snatched the toy away and smacked his hand. It became hard to listen to Mike once that little kid started screaming.

I didn't leave my bed for a week after that. Clink clink.

The thing my parent's kept telling me was to “shape up or ship out.”

Thinking back, it was pretty good advice.

You either shape up, get out of bed and find a new guy. Or you ship out, give up, be a huge fucking pussy.

When they said the world was going to end, no one believed it. It became one gigantic joke, an internet meme. The scientists who had originally predicted it were ridiculed, fired, shamed forever.

The world just didn't want to hear that disaster would strike.

When the flooding started, the world mourned for the dead. Tried to save who they could. It seemed like it might just be another hurricane Katrina or tsunami in Asia. I don't think anyone thought about it once the rioting started.

Where did the government go? Wasn't there supposed to be some awesome back up plan set up for something like this? Underground bunkers or something? Anything.

I saw Mike once after that. In a pool of his own blood. Clink clink.

He's better off.

If you would have told me a year ago I would be hiding in a fox hole with six other guys, shooting at an enemy and running low on ammo, I would have said you were playing too many video games.

But my ammo is running low, with six other guys. I'm in a ditch, though.

The riots started when the world realized no one was really going to save us. When the factions, the disagreeing parties were begun. First, there were the people who still thought the government was going to save us.

Sorry, five other guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment